TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT (UKRAINE)
What is a temporary residence permit in Ukraine?
According to current Ukrainian legislation, temporary residence permit is a card with contactless electronic media, which certifies legal grounds for a temporary stay in Ukraine.
Generally, a temporary residence permit is given for a 1-year term. However, there are some exceptions depending on the ground for obtaining a temporary residence permit. For example, if the ground is employment, a temporary residence permit is given for the period equal to the term of work permit (up to three years).
Legal grounds for a temporary stay in Ukraine and obtaining a temporary residence permit
A foreign citizen or stateless person can obtain a temporary residence permit in Ukraine on the following grounds:
1) arrival in Ukraine for employment purposes with a long -term visa (type D);
2) arrival in Ukraine for participation in international technical aid projects, which are registered according to the established procedure;
3) arrival in Ukraine for preaching religious doctrines, performing religious rites or other canonical activities by invitation of religious organisations and by approval of competent authority;
4) arrival in Ukraine for participation in activities of branch offices of foreign NGOs, registered according to established procedures;
5) arrival in Ukraine for participation in activities of branch offices of foreign business entities, registered according to established procedures;
6) arrival in Ukraine for participation in activities of branch offices of foreign banks, registered according to established procedures;
7) arrival in Ukraine for cultural, scientifical or educational activities on grounds and according to procedures, established by international agreements or special programs; professional sportsmen; arrival in Ukraine for participation in international or regional volunteer programs or to participate in activities of volunteer organisations, registered in Ukraine according to established procedures;
8) arrival in Ukraine for work as a newswriter and as a representative of foreign mass media;
9) arrival in Ukraine for study purposes;
11) arrival in Ukraine for purposes of the family reunion with persons who are citizens of Ukraine OR who got married to citizens of Ukraine during a legal stay in Ukraine OR who are staying in Ukraine on legal grounds (this provision has implied limitations);
12) expiration of a time limit accorded for a stay in places of a temporary stay of foreigners and stateless persons who are illegally staying in Ukraine.
Procedure for obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine
Documents for obtaining a temporary residence permit are to be submitted to a governmental enterprise controlled by the State Migration Service of Ukraine, centers for providing administrative services, or regional offices of State Migration Service of Ukraine where a foreigner or stateless person resides.
For obtaining a temporary residence permit the following documents should be submitted:
1) a passport document with a long-term D type visa, if Ukrainian legislation and international agreements do not provide for an exception;
2) identity document of a representative and the power of attorney, if documents are submitted through a representative;
3) notarized translation of a passport document into the Ukrainian language - order it online;
4) valid health insurance;
5) receipt of administrative fee payment or documents confirming exemption from payment of administrative fee;
6) other documents depending on a legal ground of temporary stay in Ukraine.
SEE ALSO THE FOLLOWING PUBLICATIONS:
Двомовний статут ТОВ/ Bilingual LLC charter
Вам потрібен статут для товариства з обмеженою відповідальністю, викладений англійською мовою, що відповідає Закону України "Про товариства з обмеженою та додатковою відповідальністю", що набрав чинності 17.06.2018 року? ...
LLC formation and registration in Ukraine
We provide integrated service of formation and registration of limited liability companies (LLC) in Ukraine, which includes:
preparation of all the documentation necessary for the formation and state registration of LLC in Ukraine in two languages - Ukrainian and English;...